Update date: September 13, 2022
Effectiveness date: September 13, 2022
Thank you for trusting and using Medeli products and services!
1. How we collect and use your information
2. How we store your information
4. How we share and disclose your information
5. Information that we may send you
6. How you understand and control your user information
7. How we protect your personal information
10. Protection of minors
11. How to contact us
I. How we collect and use your information
1. We will collect the information that you provide at free will when using the services or that is generated due to the use of the services based on the principles of legality, legitimacy and necessity, in order to provide you with the services, optimize our services and ensure the security of your account.
2. Personal information that you provide upon registration and login and how we use it:
(1) When you register and log onto related Medeli products, we will collect your cell phone number, email address, user name and password. If you do not provide your cell phone number, you will be unable to use your cell phone number for login and verification, which, however, will not affect your use of the remainder of our services.
(2) If you log onto related Medeli products with a third-party account (such as a WeChat account), we will collect the personal information of your third-party account (including the cell phone number) and you may choose whether to authorize or create new personal information on the associated login page. We and the third party will verify in a de-identified way. The verification information we collect during this process, except for the avatar, nickname and other information you provide, cannot identify any specific individual. We need you to confirm that you have completed the real-name authentication with the third party before logging in with the third-party account. If you do not agree to log in with a third-party account, you will be unable to use a third-party account for login and verification, which, however, will not affect your use of the remainder of our services.
(3) The purpose of our collection of the cell phone number and WeChat account is to provide you with the account login service and to protect the security of your account.
3. Information that you provide on your own free will in the products or services and how we use it:
(1) Such as the nickname, avatar and email address that you provide when editing your profile. Such information will help us understand you better and provide you with better services.
(2) If you use the collection and sharing functions, we will collect your account number.
(3) If you use the recharge or purchase function, we will collect your account number, payment channel, order information, consumption amount, recharge date and virtual property information. Such information is personal sensitive information and we will collect it with encryption technology.
(4) If you use the user feedback function, you need to provide your email address or other contact information that you provide to us at free will. We collect this information to verify your user identity information, investigate the fact and help you solve the problem. You may be unable to use our feedback function and other user response functions if you refuse to provide such information.
4. Information that we obtain when you use our products and services and how we use it:
(1) In order to ensure your normal use of our products and services, maintain the normal operation of our products and services, improve and optimize your service experience and ensure the security of your account, we will collect the following information of you:
Log information: When you use our products and services, we may automatically collect related information and store it as service log information. Such as login account, service failure information, etc.
Device information: such as device model, operating system version, storage status, unique device identifier, battery, signal strength, method, type and status of access to the network, network quality data, device settings, device accelerator (such as gravity-sensing device), Bluetooth status, etc. To collect the foregoing device information, we will apply for the permission to access your device information. If you refuse to provide such permission, it may lead to certain risks, such as being unable to prevent abnormal login of your account.
Software information: such as software version number, software process, etc.
(2) Software usage record information:
When you use our services, we will collect your favorites and purchase records, so that you can view your operating history. Your favorites and purchase information will be stored in our server.
5. In order to achieve the purposes set forth in this Policy and provide you with better services, we may access SDK or other similar applications provided by third-party service providers and share some of your information that we have collected in accordance with this Policy to such third-party service providers to provide better customer service and user experience. At present, we have access to third-party service providers in order to realize the following functions or services (the SDK contents of the third parties and related parties are as follows):
(1) UMEMG statistical analysis service SDK
In order to count your application data, collect crash logs and improve your experience, UMEMG's statistical SDK needs to collect your device information (Android ID, IMSI, independent device identifier, iOS Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA), Android advertiser identifier, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) and device model), network status information, software version and crash log information.
Acquired permission: memory card permission
Privacy link: https://www.umeng.com/policy
Name of third-party organization: 友盟同欣（北京）科技有限公司
(2) Umeng application performance monitoring service SDK
Application performance and stability monitoring
Information acquisition: device information (IMEI/MAC/Android ID/IDFA/OpenUDID/GUID/SIM card IMSI/geographical location, etc.)
Privacy protocol address: https://www.umeng.com/page/policy
Name of third-party organization:友盟同欣（北京）科技有限公司
(3)Umeng SDK will collect your device identifier (IMEI/Mac/android ID/IDFA/OPENUDID/GUID and SIM card IMSI information) at a certain frequency when the product is in a silent state or running in the background and we are unable to control the collection behavior of Umeng SDK running in the background, but we will perform our reasonable supervision obligation.
6. For you to have a better experience, on the premise of complying with relevant laws and regulations, we will analyze the running status of our products based on failure information and performance information when you use our products, to optimize our products and improve our service quality.
7. Reminder on personal information
II. How we store your information
1. Where the information is stored
We store user personal information collected in China in accordance with laws and regulations. At present, we do not transfer or store your personal information across borders.
2. How long the information will be stored
Generally, we only store your personal information for the shortest time necessary to achieve the purposes or under the conditions stipulated by laws and regulations and will delete or anonymize your personal information upon expiration of the period of personal information period. However, under the following circumstances, we may change the period of personal information storage under the premise of complying with laws and regulations:
(1) To comply with relevant laws and regulations;
(2) To comply with court judgments, rulings or other legal proceedings;
(3) To comply with the requirements of competent government authorities or legally authorized organizations;
(5) Other provisions under laws and regulations or any circumstances upon your authorization and consent.
3. How we store your information
We store your information by secure technical protection measures, including local storage, data caches, databases and server logs.
4. When our products or services stop operating, we will notify you by the appropriate means (such as push notifications), and delete or anonymize your personal information within a reasonable period of time.
1. To ensure the safe and efficient operation of our products and services: We may set Cookies or anonymous identifiers for authentication and security so as to confirm that you log onto the service securely or have encountered any theft, fraud or other wrongdoings. These technologies also help us improve the efficiency of our services and accelerate the login and responsiveness.
2. To help you have an easier access experience: Such technologies can help you save repeated steps and processes of providing your personal information and entering your search contents.
IV. How we share and disclose your information
1. We will not provide your personal information to any third party without your or/and your parent's or guardian's consent.
2. Based on the unified account system of Medeli, we will provide you with consistent services to facilitate your unified management. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your related personal information may be shared within Medeli products and services as necessary. We will share your account information when you log onto Medeli products and services with your Medeli account.
3. We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) To comply with relevant laws and regulations and other provisions;
(2) to comply with court judgments, rulings or other legal proceedings;
(3) to comply with the requirements of competent government authorities or other legally authorized organizations;
(4) for reasonable and necessary purposes for the implementation of related service agreements or this Policy, the maintenance of social and public interests, and the protection of the personal and property safety or other legitimate rights and interests of our affiliates, other users or employees;
(5) other provisions under laws and regulations or any circumstances upon your authorization and consent.
4. We may share and disclose your information without your prior consent under the following circumstances:
(1) Where it is related to our performance of obligations under laws and regulations;
(2) where it is directly related to state security and national defense security;
(3) where it is directly related to public safety, public health and material public interests;
(4) where it is directly related to crime investigation, litigation, trial and judgment enforcement;
(5) where it is out of the maintenance of the life, property rights and other material legitimate rights and interests of yours or any other person’s, yet it is difficult to obtain the consent from you or such person;
(6) where the personal information is collected from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legitimate news reports, government information disclosure, academic research results and other channels;
(7) where the information is necessary for the maintenance of the safe and stable operations of the products or services provided by Medeli, such as for the discovery and handling of failures in the products or services.
(8) other circumstances stipulated by laws and regulations.
V. Information that we may send you
We may send you push notifications when you use our products and services. You may choose to cancel on the settings page or other related pages on your device.
VI. How you understand and control your user information
1. We will do everything possible to take appropriate technical means to ensure that you can understand, update and correct your registration information or other user information that you provide when using our services. When understanding, updating, correcting and deleting the above information, we may require you to go through identity verification to ensure account security. Generally, you may modify the information you submit at any time. Out of security and identification reasons, however, you may be unable to modify some initial registration information, verification information and authentication information that you provide during registration.
How to inquire about, correct and supplement your information. We will try to enable you to review, correct or supplement the information that you have with us. If you need to review, correct or supplement your information, please log onto your account for operation. If the exercise of a certain right cannot be performed on the account page, you may contact us through the contact information in this Policy, and we will assist you in the corresponding operation.
2. If you do not want some of your information to be obtained by us, you may stop us from obtaining your personal information by disabling the device permission. By enabling the above permission, you authorize us to collect and use the personal information corresponding to the permission, so as to provide you with the corresponding service; by canceling the above permission, you cancel the authorization and we will no longer collect and use related personal information based on the corresponding permission, neither can we provide you with the services corresponding to the permission, which, however, will not affect your use of our other services.
(1) When you use the audio recording function, we will request your device for the permission to access your microphone. You may disable the microphone permission in the system settings of your device.
(2) When you use the avatar settings function, we will send a request to your device for the permission to access your camera. You may disable the camera permission in the system settings of your device.
(3) You may stop us from collecting your terminal playback device information by unpairing, disconnecting or turning off your Bluetooth and USB functions.
(4) When you use the saving service, we will send a storage permission request to your device, to store the content you want to save. You may turn off the storage permission in the system settings of your device.
3. How to cancel your account and delete your personal information
During your use of Medeli products or services, in order to make it easier for you to control your personal information and safeguard your right to cancel your account, we provide you with corresponding operation settings in the design of our products and services. You may submit an application for canceling your account to us by logging onto your account, clicking the Security Center and choosing to cancel your account. Generally, we will respond to your application requirements within 5 working days; for the security of your account, however, we will identify your identity, and verify and process your request, so that we need to require you to submit full, valid identity information. After the cancellation of your account, we will no longer provide you with the services, and will delete your personal information, which cannot be recovered.
4. If you believe your personal information right may be infringed, or find out any behavior that violates your personal information right, you may contact us via the menu “[My] - [Customer Service]” or any related menus to enter the user feedback interface.
VII. How we protect your personal information
1. To safeguard your personal information security, we use various security measures at a reasonable level of security to safeguard your information against unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, alteration, damage or loss.
2. We have established our special management system, approval process and organization, to ensure information security. For instance, we strictly limit the scope of people who have access to your information, require them to abide by the confidentiality obligation, and carry out supervision and management.
3. Should any security incident such as personal information leakage happen, we will activate a contingency plan as required by laws and regulations to prevent the expansion of the security incident and inform you in a timely manner of the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, measures that we have taken or will take, advice for you to prevent and reduce the risk on your own, remedial measures for you to take, etc. We will inform you in a timely manner of relevant information about the incident by email, telephone, push notification, etc. In the event that it is difficult for us to inform our users one by one, we will publish an announcement in a reasonable and effective manner. Meanwhile, we will also proactively report the handling of the personal information security incident as required by the regulatory authority.
4. The Internet environment is not 100% secure and we will not assume any liabilities for any leakage of your information due to any reasons not attributable to our fault as well as any damage arising therefrom under the following circumstances:
(1) Where your personal information is leaked, lost, stolen, altered, etc. due to any hacker attack, computer virus invasion or outbreak, temporary closure caused by governmental regulation and other force majeure events that affect the normal network operations.
(2) Any leakage of your personal information when you are linked to another website or accept any third-party service when using any service of Medeli, as well as any legal disputes and consequences arising therefrom.
X. Protection of minors
XI. How to contact us
MEDELI ELECTRONICS (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD